If you aren’t smiling, you aren’t making important professional and personal connections. It’s true – your smile and your teeth can be great self-confidence boosters – or self-confidence smashers. It’s so important to replace your missing or decayed teeth – not just to improve your appearance and smile – but because without dental support, your facial muscles droop, making you look much older than you are.
A time-honored solution for missing and decayed teeth is dentures. Dentures can open the door to a whole new life for you, boost your self-confidence and help you speak and eat more comfortably. Additionally, denture procedures and expertise are vastly improved from years past.
There are 2 types of dentures: COMPLETE and PARTIAL.
- Complete Dentures have a flesh-colored acrylic base that fits over your gums. The upper denture covers the the roof of your mouth; the lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to accommodate your tongue. Complete dentures may be either conventional (your teeth are removed and allowed to heal for about 6 weeks) or immediate (the denture is made in advance and placed directly following the removal of your teeth).
- Partial Dentures rest on a metal framework that attaches to your natural teeth. Sometimes crowns are placed on some of your natural teeth and serve as anchors. Partial dentures are a removable alternative to dental bridges.
- We can help you choose the best type of denture for your unique needs.
- Your dentures will be custom-made by highly skilled technicians, using the finest materials available, guided by impressions taken of your mouth.
- Dentures can be taken out and put back into your mouth.
- Your new dentures may feel a little awkward for the first few weeks.
- Eating and speaking may take some practice, while the muscles of your cheeks and tongue learn to hold your dentures in place.
- Although they take some getting used to and may never feel exactly the same as your natural teeth, today’s dentures are amazingly natural looking and more comfortable than ever.