Remember losing your baby teeth and anticipating a monetary visit from the Tooth Fairy?
As an adult, there may be no eagerness in your smile if you are missing one or more of your teeth. Commonly, teeth are lost due to poor dental habits which result in gum disease, infection and decay. Take heart! Dr. Holbrook specializes in putting a smile back on your face.
Dental pain and missing teeth are often emotional issues.
- If you are dealing with slipping dentures, it can be embarrassing to eat and painful to smile.
- Perhaps you have old crowns or bridges that are painful and need to be replaced.
- And then there is the pain of a missing tooth which can affect your self-esteem and the quality of your life.
Dr. Holbrook specializes in a more permanent, long-term solution, designed to give you back a huge part of your life, restore your self-confidence and put your worries about your missing teeth to rest.
Consider dental implants as a way to restore your smile.
Dental implants are the closest thing to your natural teeth.
- A dental implant begins with a titanium post (that functions like your tooth root) that is surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line.
- The post fuses with your bone and allows the replacement tooth to be mounted.
- By the time your custom-made crown is placed over the post, it has become a sturdy foundation.
- Implants can’t come loose like dentures can and they don’t have to be anchored to other teeth like bridges.
Dental implants look, function and feel just like real teeth, but they cannot decay. You must take extra good care of them, however, by flossing and brushing and visiting Dr. Holbrook regularly.
You must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. If your bone is thin or soft, you may require a bone graft. Dr. Holbrook can explain everything you need to know and determine whether or not you would be a good candidate for this procedure.
Get ready to smile! Schedule a consultation, today: (505) 881-1159.